The Internet of Things or IoT is probably the most-hyped technology behind blockchain – but what does it really mean and what are the uses of the technology.
In this wide-ranging chat we looked at what IoT is, why it has been misunderstood and how is can be best used in a corporate environment.
If you’ve ever wondered what IoT is then this is the podcast for you.
We also covered:
- So what is the Internet of Things?
- The Sensor as a service company
- Digital Twinning
- The idea of good data
- What sort of data can you collect with IoT?
- Facilities Management and IoT
- Wellness in the workplace
- Data > insights from IoT
- IoT real-time data can drive SLAs
- How cloud computing is driving IoT adoption
- Low Power Wide Area Networks
- IoT doesn’t need to involve IT
- Customers buy business solutions, not IoT
- The 4 drivers of IoT success
- The LoRa Alliance
- The management challenge of sensors at scale
- Wafer thin margins help IoT
- Millennials expect a different work environment
- Carbon dioxide sensors help wellness
- Sustainability + ESG + IoT
- Asset tracking and IoT
- New innovations for IoT
- Wearables: sensors in clothes
- Who owns my data?
- Multi-party data ownership
- The data value exchange
- Three things for this week
1. look at the wireless IoT devices available
2. Try out wearable devices
3. Start thinking about the positive uses of data