In late 2016, Andrew joined the Speakers for Schools program. Started by former BBC (now ITV) Political Commentator, Robert Peston, Speakers for Schools is a UK charity launched in 2011 helping state schools inspire their students and broaden horizons through access to the insights, experiences and expertise of today’s leading figures through free talks and more — free of charge. His first event will be at Ruislip High School on December 16th.
Prior to his move to London, Andrew was Vice President of the Rotary Club of Sydney, Australia’s largest and most prestigious Rotary club from 2003 – 2004. He also sat on the board of the club from 2001 – 2005 and served as the Technology Director.
In 2006, he was awarded a Paul Harris Fellow by the Rotary Club of Sydney in recognition of his service to the club and the community. In 2002, he produced a promotional video for the club, which can be viewed below.
From September 2003 to September 2006, Andrew was a Board Member of the peak volunteer body, Volunteering NSW, and was also a board member of the Friends of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Australia.
In 2002, he developed a promotional video to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh’s award in Australia, which was shown during a Gala Dinner in November 2002, attended by HRH The Earl of Wessex. The video can be viewed below.
Other Board and Executive positions
- Committee Member, The Hospital Club (2011 – 2014)
- Member, South Australia Club (2012 – present)
- Member, SA Government International Markets Advisory Board (2012 – present)
- Committee Member, UK Mobile Marketing Association (2008 – 2009)
- Vice President Rotary Club of Sydney (2003-2004)
- Board Member Rotary Club of Sydney (2001 – 2005)
- Board Member Volunteering New South Wales (2003 – 2006)
- Board Member Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Australia (2003 – 2006)
- South Australian Government UK Business Ambassador (2005 – 2011)