Practical futurist, Andrew Grill, is an internationally renowned thought leader and Global Managing Partner of IBM Social Consulting. Andrew is an expert in the fields of digital transformation, digital strategy and social media networks and speaks to and consults for organisations world-wide to develop their strategy in a world rife with digital disruption.
An experienced corporate leader, Andrew has launched and run technology companies in Europe and Australia and worked with some of the world’s leading companies and organisations including Vodafone, Nestle, British Airways, Barclays Bank, BBC, American Express, John Lewis, and Unilever.
He is also a seasoned TEDx speaker, having presented at 3 separate TEDx events.
Andrew’s bespoke and distinctive keynotes include:
- Disrupt or Be disrupted – Digital disruption and what it means for you and your business.
- Workplace of the future – How can your employees adapt to changes in the nature of work.
- Digital Diversity – Why you need digital practitioners on your board.
- Rising above the noise – How to stand out in the digital world.
- Brand advocates – how your best advocates are already on the payroll.
Andrew’s first-hand experience of the digital world and the power of social media networks spans three decades, and can be traced back to the early 1980’s when he found himself online via bulletin board and email. His passion and involvement in the digital world continued into later life, launching Australia’s largest commercial property website, PropertyLook, and Australian location technology company Seeker Wireless to the world stage. Prior to his current role at IBM, he was head of international client strategy for Visible Technologies, owned by WPP.
Andrew regularly contributes to a wide range of media outlets including The Drum, Changeboard and ANZ BlueNotes along with numerous online blogs and publications. He has appeared several times on Sky News, and has been published in the Financial Times, The Telegraph and the Guardian.
You can download Andrew’s headshot here.
In late 2016, Andrew joined the Speakers for Schools program. Started by former BBC (now ITV) Political Commentator, Robert Peston, Speakers for Schools is a UK charity launched in 2011 helping state schools inspire their students and broaden horizons through access to the insights, experiences and expertise of today’s leading figures through free talks and more — free of charge.
Prior to his move to London, Andrew was Vice President of the Rotary Club of Sydney, Australia’s largest and most prestigious Rotary club from 2003 – 2004. He also sat on the board of the club from 2001 – 2005 and served as the Technology Director.
In 2006, he was awarded a Paul Harris Fellow by the Rotary Club of Sydney in recognition of his service to the club and the community.
From September 2003 to September 2006, Andrew was a Board Member of the peak volunteer body, Volunteering NSW, and was also a board member of the Friends of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Australia.
In 2002, he developed a promotional video to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh’s award in Australia, which was shown during a Gala Dinner in November 2002, attended by HRH The Earl of Wessex.
Andrew holds the following professional qualifications:
- Master of Business Administration from the University of Technology, Sydney with sub-majors in Marketing and eBusiness Management
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology & Telecommunications from the University of South Australia, awarded following the completion of 3 years of the Bachelor of Engineering degree
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering from the University of South Australia
Non-Executive Director Roles
Andrew holds, and has previously held a range of NED board and committee positions for a wide range of organisations – listed below.
- Board Member Rotary Club of Sydney (2001 – 2005)
- Board Member Volunteering New South Wales (2003 – 2006)
- Board Member Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in Australia (2003 – 2006)
- Committee Member, The Hospital Club (2011 – 2014)
- Reported to PropertyLook board while CEO (2001 – 2002)
- Member, South Australia Club (2012 – present)
- Member, SA Government International Markets Advisory Board (2012 – present)
- Committee Member, UK Mobile Marketing Association (2008 – 2009)
- Vice President Rotary Club of Sydney (2003-2004)
- South Australian Government UK Business Ambassador (2005 – 2011)
Andrew is currently open to Non Executive Director roles, please get in touch via the contact page.